Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Sweetest Thing!

Well, I went out with Todd last night. He took me to a nice-ish Mexican restaurant nearby. The food was good. The conversation was... well... a bit stale. Okay, I'm not going to freak out about that, because it was just a first date. And he looked great. Still. He talked. A lot. About... well... nothing much. haha. Oh, I'm being way too harsh. I think I'm being harsh for another reason...

After the endless dinner, we drove around Small Town for a bit while he talked some more. And I was perky and sweet and said all the right things, like, "uh-huh" and "wow" and "no WAY!"

Then he took me home. When we got to my apartment, he put his hand on my back and leaned in and kissed me. It should have been so sweet and tender... but... it just wasn't! I don't know why not! It was like kissing cardboard or something. Though the chemistry might have been better with cardboard. Ugh. I don't know why it was so bad, but it just WAS! And I feel like a brat for even writing this.

No, I'm not throwing in the towel yet over one lame date and an even lamer kiss. I like this guy (I think) and I'm willing to give him a few more chances.

-------

So, just now, I turned on the radio, knowing that he was on right now. When the song ended, he came on and announced the next song. He said, "this one is for Catie, because she is... the Sweetest Thing." And then U2's Sweetest Thing came on. And I started squealing and both Hailey and Marissa came running in because they'd heard it upstairs in their rooms too. So we all stood there, arms intertwined, jumping up and down, squealing like schoolgirls. Hahaha. We're such a cliche.

But come ON! Wasn't that cute? Yeah, I definitely need to give Todd another chance. I think we're hanging out on Friday, so I'll keep you posted.